Car Accident Lawyers in Beverly Hills
If you’ve recently been in an auto accident, you may have concerns about not only having to recover any injuries you suffered and repairing your car but also having to work with insurance companies. If you were the victim in a vehicle accident, the lawyers at One Law Group believe that you should also think about whether hiring a lawyer who specializes in auto accidents could help you recover damages to help you pay for bills related to the accident and pay you for pain and suffering.
In the case that an accident is serious enough to cause fatal or severe injuries, or if any sort of substance was involved, the person who is at fault will also be prosecuted. For other types of car accidents, the other driver, your insurance companies, and yourself will have to deal with the question of who is going to pay the medical bills and car repair expenses. SO, these types of case will eventually be resolved in court.
Causes of Automobile Accidents
There is a plethora of causes of automobile accidents and some of the most common include:
- Distracted drivers: talking on the phone or texting, rubbernecking, changing music, or distracted by passengers
- Drowsy drivers: those who have been driving for more than two hours, driving late at night or after eating a heavy meal, or those who take medicines can cause drowsiness
- Impaired drivers: drunk or high drivers, even if they aren’t over the legal limit
- Aggressive driving: tailgating, failing to yield, yelling at other drivers, disregarding traffic signals or changing lanes frequently or with signaling
- Weather: rain, snow, fog, ice, sleet, and wind – any sort of weather change
If You Are an Automobile Accident Victim
Victims in an automobile accident may the driver of the car, passengers, by-standers, and even the spouse of an injured person if the person’s injuries are severe enough.
Car accident victims may be able to receive compensation from the other driver, the car’s owner, and even the driver’s employer. They are generally required to pay for damage to your car, current and future medical bills, and any permanent injuries you could have suffered. You may even be able to get punitive damages, which are designed to penalize the other driver for their action.
If the other driver’s insurance company contacts you, you don’t need to provide them with any information other than your basic contact information. Do not feel pressured into telling giving them a description of your injuries. The personal injury lawyers from One Law Group know how to handle auto accident injuries and will be able to help you with the negotiation between the other driver’s insurance company and can determine whether or not your case should be heard in court.