Delayed Injuries in Accidents
As we drive around, from work to home, from the store to the post office, getting into a car accident is never the first thing on our minds. But, they happen at any time and any place. And while some accidents could seem minor, but you’ll eventually find out if you have an injury, something you might feel in your back and neck. The issue with these injuries is that if they are damaged, they could hinder your day-to-day life.
If you’re fortunate enough, you didn’t sign a settlement form with the at-fault driver’s insurance company because the pain in your head and neck could be signs of whiplash. It’s not unusual for injuries from a car accident to be delayed. A headache is often just a headache, but if you’ve recently been in an accident, you should take safeguards and see a doctor if you have any of the following types of symptoms after an accident:
- Headaches could be stress or a sign of a concussion, whiplash, a brain injury, or even a blood clot.
- Pain in the neck or shoulder could indicate a spinal injury, like a herniated disc.
- Back pain is a possible whiplash injury but could also signify a sprain, other muscle damage, or a pinched nerve.
- Numbness/Tingling – An indication of a herniated disc, which presses against nerves in the spine.
- Stomach pain – Soft-tissue injuries can be fatal if left untreated, and pain in the abdomen could be a sign of internal damage.
- Emotional pain – Though this is subjective, you may experience depression, anxiety, and PTSD after an accident, all of which could be indications of a brain injury.
Chiropractors can treat numerous different health problems that follow being in an accident. You must get the facts about chiropractic care before you make any financial or medical choices. Whether your injuries have pain symptoms or not, the chiropractic doctors at One Law Group in Beverly Hills can treat your injuries, so you can get moving, strengthen your muscles, alleviate the pain in your body, and start living your life.
Waiting before you sign the “release of a liability for settlement” is smart because if you sign this form before you are sure of all the injuries you might have gotten in a car accident, you could lose out on being compensated for unknown injuries. Contact us today at (310) 923-9420 make sure you are aware of all your injuries and can make the right choices when settling your claim.